WHAT IS A PATRONATE MEMBERSHIP STATUS?
Through the union local affiliated with the CPMDQ, this status enables CPMDQ members to bring together in their local supporting members who share the same interest in promoting the body’s self-healing through the application of natural, holistic therapeutic methods.
The Patronate Member, by virtue of his title as President-Director of the union chapter, can exercise his primary mission, which is to promote a healthy lifestyle among his members by providing advice and education on natural therapeutic means to promote the body’s biological, physiological and psychological self-healing.
Subject to the Professional Syndicates Act, R.S.Q., c. S-40, the patronate-member is vested with all the powers necessary for the pursuit of its exclusive object, which consists of the study, the defense and the development of the economic, social and moral interests of its supporting-members. (R.S. 1964, c. 146, a. 6).
WHAT ARE THE ADVANTAGES OF BECOMING A PATRONATE MEMBER?
- The patronate memeber is solely responsible for managing the union dues paid into the local’s bank account;
- The Local union chapter does not have to file a GST/QST report, as union dues are tax-exempt.
- The Local union chapter’s activities are considered priority by the Quebec government;
- The Local’s union chapter’s activities are not subject to the Consumer Protection Act;
- The Local’s union chapter is not required to file annual income tax returns;
- By means of an online administrative account, the Patronate-Member is able to easily manage the administrative tasks of its local in conformity with Act S-40.
- Through the creation of a website for the Local by the CPMDQ, the Local’s activities are freely advertised on the its website.
WHAT ARE THE CONDITIONS OF MEMBERSHIP?
- To support the objectives, vision and mission of the CPMDQ;
- To be a member in good standing of the CPMDQ;
- To complete the registration form and provide photo identification to register your Local’s name with the Registraire des Entreprises du Québec;
- To pay the non-refundable annual membership fee of $1,200;
- To assure that all therapists working in the Local are registered Members of the CPMDQ.
- To assure that the locals Supporting-Members’s annual membership fee of $12 is paid to the CPMDQ is up-to-date.
WHAT IS A SUPPORTING-MEMBER?
A Supporting-Member is a member of the local chapter. Through membership and payment of dues, the Supporting-Member can benefit from the services and advantages offered by the local and contribute to the local’s values and educational mission.
WHAT ARE THE ADVANTAGES AND BENEFITS OF A SUPPORTING-MEMBER?
- The possibility of achieving physical, mental and emotional well-being to succeed in all spheres of one’s life;
- The opportunity to support an educational practice that promotes the body’s self-healing through natural therapeutic methods, and to receive privileged information;
- To have access to training and support tailored to one’s needs;
- The opportunity to participate in the Local’s activities in order to improve one’s healthy lifestyle by receiving advice and education on self-healing natural therapeutic approaches;
- The opportunity to have a means of communication in times of crisis, through dialogue with colleagues or a practitioner of alternative medicine;
- The opportunity to participate in a rich and enjoyable associative life;
- The opportunity to benefit from specific services or advantages that are offered by the Local;
- Receive a tax credit deductible at 100% at the federal level and 10% at the provincial level for all membership dues paid to the Local;
WHAT IS THE NEXT STEP ONCE THE PRACTITIONER-MEMBER HAS SUBMITTED HIS APPLICATION FORM TO BECOME A PATRONATE-MEMBER?
On receipt of the application and payment of the $1,200 membership fee, the CPMDQ will register the name of the Local to the Quebec Enterprise Registrar (REQ). Upon acceptance of the local’s name by the REQ, the CPMDQ will notify you of all the details and support you need to get the local operational.
To access to the Patronate membership registration form
To print a copy of the duties and obligations of the president/administrator of a CPMDQ Local
To print the patronate membership brochure
Professional Syndicate Act. L.R.Q. c. S-40